Bay of Fires Eco tours are excited to once again be able to showcase our stunning coastline to visitors, however to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have implemented some changes to our normal operation procedures.
From later September we will be offering our Gardens Explorer Tour (2 hours), this is our most popular tour and our normal winter scheduled tour, however this limited tour option will continue through the summer season until visitor numbers increase. All being well our Bay of Fires Discover and Sloop Rock Express tours will resume operation for the 2021/2022 season.
Our online booking system will be available from mid August, when booking either online or over the phone pre payment of tours is required to secure your booking. When booking online we require the name of every tour passenger for our manifest, to ensure each passenger can be contacted should a COVID-19 case be detected.
PRE BOARDING QUESTIONS
Prior to boarding our vessel, every passenger will be asked the following questions. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, unfortunately you won’t be permitted to join our tour. We understand that missing a tour can be disappointing, however for the safety of both passengers and staff we must ensure these conditions are met.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results?
- Have you been advised to quarantine and have not yet completed your quarantine period?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms (including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)?
Please think about the answer to these questions before booking, we understand that flu symptoms can display overnight, however we ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you need to make a cancelation. Any passenger not able to partake due to flew symptoms will have the options of a full refund or gift card credit.
CHANGES TO OUR BOOKING OFFICE AND WHILST ON TOUR
- Our booking office displays signs for safe social distancing and hand sanitiser is provided. Regular cleaning of frequently touched areas is undertaken.
- Maximum 16 customers are allowed within the booking office at one time, we ask that once you have checked in for your tour you wait outside the building for further instruction.
- Our jackets undergo a cleaning and rotational system which means that jackets are hung, sprayed and dried for a minimum of 48 hours in-between use. Extra attention is given to disinfecting zippers and other hard surfaces on the jackets.
- Whilst we do recommend our Burke ¾ length sailing jackets for passengers, we understand if you may wish to use your own, please keep in mind just how cold in can get out on the water, many passenger wear our jackets on top of their own.
- Passengers will be asked to keep a 1.5m distance from each other during pre-boarding and boarding of vessel.
- Frequently touched areas of our vessel will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every tour.
- Before boarding the vessel, passengers are asked to disinfect their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided. Hand sanitisers will also be available onboard the vessel and in the toilet cabin.
- Whilst the 4 square metre physical distancing rule is not possible on board the vessel, we must take a common sense approach to physical distancing. Our vessel will run at reduced capacity to allow for extra space.
- Passengers will be assigned seats to help minimise contact with others, members of the same booking will be permitted to sit together.
- Whilst on tour we ask that all passengers remain in their designated seats or section of the vessel and maintain social distancing to the best of their ability within the vessel space.
- Our skipper and crew are well informed about and apply regular hand washing and / or sanitising routines. If the skipper or crew display any cold or flu-like symptoms, the upcoming tours will be cancelled and a full refund will be issued. Tours will only be resumed once the staff have been tested for COVID-19 and returned a negative result.